Online Blackjack Real Money Australia
If you enjoy card games, online blackjack is the easiest casino game you can play and win. The objective of the game is simple, whoever gets a hand closest to 21 as possible wins. The classic table game is available at top Australian online casinos that offer blackjack variations.
Learn how to play blackjack online to become a pro. Our guide features the basic strategy to win big, rules of play and the best tips tin win at blackjack games. Take our top-rated blackjack online sites for a spin to find plenty of games you can play and win real cash prizes.
Play Online Blackjack Games in 2023
How to Play Blackjack Online
The blackjack game is the most popular casino game, so it makes sense that so many Australian players want to learn how it works. Our team of expert gamblers have collected simple steps you can follow to learn how to play blackjack for beginners.
- You need to play a blackjack variant that you are familiar with. Once you have chosen the game, you must decide on the bet size.
- You will place your bet, and the dealer will distribute the cards which will be dealt face up. The dealer will have one card face up and the other face down.
- You will then check your hand and decide what your next move will be. If you choose doubling your bet, you must match your initial before you stand or hit and split.
- Players can choose to hit to draw another card to increase the hand’s total value. The stand option is chosen when you are confident that your hand will win the round without splitting or adding another card. The last option is the split, which is recommended if you get two cards of the same value.
- The dealer’s hand will be revealed, and they will hit if the total is 16 or lower. The rules of the game dictate that they will only stop hitting if they have 17 or more.
- The outcome of the round will be decided after the dealer’s final card is dealt. You will win if the total value of your cards is more than that of the dealer. Inversely, you will lose the round if your hand has a lower score compared to the dealer.
Real Money Online Blackjack Games
There are several types of blackjack variants that you can play online. The table games were adopted by different areas that added new rules to the gameplay. Here’s a list of the most popular versions of blackjack games:
- Classic Blackjack – This version of blackjack originates from America, and the main distinction is that the dealer gets a hole card before it is the player’s turn to play. The gameplay is also different pertaining to splitting cards and doubling down.
- European Blackjack – The European version of blackjack lets the dealer take a hole card only after the player’s turn has passed. There is a perception that this version is more difficult to grasp, based on the premise that it is played with only two decks of cards and has more rules to the game.
- Spanish 21 – The main difference in this version of blackjack is the payout for getting 21 and the rules of the game. The payout is different for getting three suited 7 hand which is higher than any other card combination. Also, this blackjack variant lets players double down after splitting their cards, late surrender and re-splitting ace cards and make many other moves.
- Face Up 21 – In this version of the blackjack game, the dealer’s cards are all dealt face up. This gives that player an advantage to see of the dealer’s cards. However, the dealer’s blackjack will beat the player’s blackjack and it will pay even money.
- Perfect Pairs Blackjack – When playing perfect pairs, you can make a side bet in the beginning of the game. The bet is place for whether the first cards that you will be dealt will be the same number. You will get a big payout of 30:1 when the cards are the same suit and rank.
Live Dealer Blackjack
Live blackjack is played against a real-life dealer that distributes the cards. The live dealer is recorded from a studio or casino floor with the footage streamed to your desktop or mobile device. The casino will feature different blackjack variants that you can play on the live stream to ensure that you have different options available.
There are live game developers that are known to create the best live dealer games. They create the game to be as close as the games that you play at your local casino including interacting with the dealer and other players. Some of the developers that are known to create some of the best live blackjack games include:
- Evolution Gaming
- Vivo Gaming
- Lucky Streak
Basic Rules of Online Blackjack
To ensure that you win, you need to familiarise yourself with the blackjack rules of the game. Once you understand these basics, you may avoid making the wrong moves and lose the game that you potentially could have won:
The most important rule of blackjack is understanding how to win. The object of the game is to build a hand closest to 21 or a total value higher than the dealer’s hand. If you get 21, you automatically get blackjack and win the round.
The way players lose or go bust is if their score exceeds 21 or they have a score lower than the dealer’s hand. If both your scores are tied, your bet is refunded. This outcome is called a ‘push.’
These rules are consistent in all blackjack games. The gameplay may progress differently on each variant. However, the bets are placed before the cards are dealt.
The player’s hand is made up of two face-up cards then the dealer shows one face-up card and one face-down card. You will have the option to choose between hitting, splitting the cards, or standing.
Tips to Win Real Money Blackjack Online
As we mentioned, blackjack is a game of skill, and you can improve your odds by using tips that work. While there’s no guarantee that these tips and tricks will work every time, they are designed to improve your chances of winning.
- Use the Basic Blackjack Strategy – when playing blackjack, you cannot rely solely on luck to win. You need to use a basic blackjack strategy to predict the next moves after seeing the cards dealt by the random number generator.
- Always split aces – if you are dealt a hand that includes a pair of aces, we recommend you split that hand. This also goes for a pair of 8s because the is a high chance of going bust.
- Never take the Insurance Bet – this bet has high odds but is not worth it. You will be required to pay half your stake on a wager that the dealer will get blackjack. The odds are approximately 9 to 4 chances of that happening.
- Hit If Your Hand is Lower than 8 – if your combined total is 8 or lower, you can afford to draw another card.
- No Card Counting Online – most blackjack games use several decks to discourage players from card counting during the game session. Furthermore, casinos online use software that shuffles the cards each time a new hand is dealt, making it a futile exercise to count the cards.
Online Blackjack Game Strategy
Blackjack is a game that also requires skill to improv your chances of winning. This skill is to use strategies that will help you beat the game. However, this does not guarantee you a win every time you use a strategy. There is a basic strategy that you can use which is suitable for all kinds of players. It lets you know on what to do for specific hands that you will be dealt. However, there are advanced strategies that you can also use but those are for expert blackjack players.
Australian Online Blackjack FAQs
No, online blackjack is not rigged as casinos use a random number generator (RNG) that deals the cards at random. The computer algorithm is audited by a reliable third party that that ensures that the gaming is fair.
Yes, you can trust online blackjack but only if you are playing at a safe and regulated online blackjack site. The best online blackjack sites are often audited to make sure that their games are fair.
Yes, you can play blackjack online for fun at the best Australian casinos. The gambling sites provide blackjack demo games for players to practice their strategies and get familiar with the software.
Blackjack is a game of skill, where the application of a basic strategy can decrease the house edge and improve your odds of winning.
You have to use a blackjack strategy chart that indicates when you should hit, stand or double down. The strategy also provides useful tips on which pairs you should split to improve your chances of winning.
No, you cannot count cards playing blackjack online because the random number generator is responsible for shuffling and dealing cards. Additionally, the RNG refreshes the deck each time a hand is played. Therefore, it is useless to try and track the remaining cards in the deck.
Yes, you can find online casinos that have blackjack games for real money on their lobby. You can deposit your AUD$ to fund your bankroll and stake the minimum bet to win real cash prizes.
When playing the traditional blackjack game using a basic strategy, you can increase your odds of winning up to 99%. The house edge on blackjack can go as low as 0.4%, hedging the advantage into the player’s direction.
Wolf Winner, Wild Card City, Ricky Casino and more Australian casinos have a variation of blackjack games such as Pontoon, American and live blackjack.
Most blackjack variations use eight decks of casinos with the cards shuffled every time a hand is dealt. Even when the variation uses a single deck of cards the deck will be shuffled the same.
Yes, but only if you are playing at a safe and regulated online casino. Their games are regularly audited by independent organisations such as eCOGRA and ITechLabs to make sure the games are fair.